Frequently Asked Questions

Want to learn more about the Lower Hudson RSE-TASC? Here are some frequently asked questions and answers.

What is the Lower Hudson RSE-TASC?

The Lower Hudson Regional Special Education Technical Assistance Support Center (RSE-TASC) is one of ten centers funded by the New York State Office of Special Education. The goal of the Office of Special Education is to create a coordinated statewide network of technical assistance and professional development that improves outcomes for students with disabilities in New York State.

What region of New York State does the Lower Hudson RSE-TASC serve?

The Lower Hudson RSE-TASC supports school districts in Putnam, Rockland and Westchester counties.

If I work in a school outside of the Lower Hudson, how do I find out about the RSE-TASC that serves my region?

Service areas and contact information for all ten New York State RSE-TASCs can be found at:


What does it cost to receive support from the Lower Hudson RSE-TASC?

All of the services of the RSE-TASC are free of charge to any educator, school or district.

How is the Lower Hudson RSE-TASC funded?

RSE-TASCs are funded by the New York State Education Department to provide directed technical assistance and professional development to improve instructional practices and outcomes for students with disabilities.

How do I register for a Lower Hudson RSE-TASC regional training?

All registrations are handled through the Putnam Northern Westchester BOCES My Learning Plan portal.

You can register for a training by visiting our Training Calendar on this website, clicking on a workshop title, and then clicking on the registration link and following the directions.


Or you can go directly to the registration page to search for a workshop title, and click on it to register. There is no fee for any RSE-TASC training.


Where can I get information about New York State legal and regulatory requirements for Special Education services?

Some of the RSE-TASC trainings provide information about New York State laws and regulations. You can browse workshop descriptions on the Training Calendar page to find out which ones. However, if you have a question about the laws and regulations relevant to a specific situation for a student or your child, you should contact the Special Education Quality Assurance (SEQA) office for your region. Contact information can be found at:

Skip to toolbar