Be sure to mark your calendar for upcoming RSE-TASC training events!
- This event has passed.
Transition Institute: Quality IEPs and Indicator 13 (Day 2 of 3)
November 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Transition planning and well developed IEPs are critical to the success of students both in middle and high school, as well as during their adult lives. Join us for a three-day team-based workshop as we explore practices and strategies designed to help educators work more effectively with students. During this hands-on event we will explore the components of transition planning, carefully identifying district responsibilities as well as evidence-based practices and resources.
We will also review assessments and other materials necessary to both gather data and to create plans leading to improved post-school outcomes. Developing IEPs, including step-by-step guidance will be featured. Attendees will conduct and IEP self-review in order to monitor progress and to establish practices to be implemented district-wide. Federal and State transition-related requirements, which support students ages 12 to 21, will also be addressed.
This workshop is intended for for priority districts which include:
* those who must complete Indicator-13 self-reviews during the 2018-19 school year,
* those who must complete Indicator-13 self-reviews during the 2019-20 school year, or
* those who completed Indicator-13 self-reviews during the 2017-18 school year and who require corrective action plan guidance.
All registrants must be part of a team of two-to-four people, including at least one administrator.
This is a multi-day workshop and participants must attend all three days:
* Monday, October 15, 2018, 9 am – 3 pm, PNW BOCES, Projects Building
* Friday, November 16, 2018, 9 am – 3 pm, PNW BOCES, Projects Building
* Monday, December 17, 2018, 9 am – 3 pm, PNW BOCES, Projects Building
If space allows, members from non-priority districts may participate in this event as well.