Be sure to mark your calendar for upcoming RSE-TASC training events!
- This event has passed.
**INVITATION ONLY** Transition Planning Institute: Quality IEPs and Indicator 13 (Day 1 of 2)
May 6 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Transition planning and well-developed IEPs are critical to the success of students both in middle and high school, as well as during their adult lives. Join us for a two-day team-based workshop as we explore practices and strategies designed to help educators work more effectively with students. During this hands-on event, we will explore the components of transition planning, carefully identifying district responsibilities, as well as evidence-based practices and resources.
We will also review assessments and other materials necessary to both gather data and to create plans leading to improved post-school outcomes. Developing IEPs, including step-by-step guidance, will be featured. Attendees will have opportunities to review and write sections of IEPs. Federal and State transition-related requirements, which support students ages 12 to 21, will also be addressed.
This workshop is intended for priority districts, which include:
– Those who must complete Indicator-13 self-reviews during the upcoming school year (2019-2020) and
– Those who must complete Indicator-13 self-reviews during the 2020-2021 school year, or
– Those who completed Indicator-13 self-reviews during the 2016-17 school year and who require corrective action plan guidance.
All registrants must be part of a team of two-to-four people, including at least one administrator. This is a two-day workshop and participants must attend both days:
– May 6th, 9:00am – 3:00pm, PNW BOCES
– June 4th, 9:00am – 3:00pm, PNW BOCES
If space allows, members from non-priority districts may participate in this event as well.